Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lincoln: 6 months

Half a year already! Our little baby boy is growing so fast that is sometimes brings tears to my eyes.  I would almost have to take a picture every day to document all the changes.


Lincoln loves anything Ayla is doing. When she is playing with a toy, he wants it. If she is watching something he wants to see it. In the picture above she is sitting right next to him. See how he is just gazing at her with a giant smile on his face? Ayla was my helper during this photo session.  She was the only thing that kept him happy. (He had a cold and was in the mood to cuddle.)  She also tried to keep him from wiggling away as I snapped a picture.

This month Lincoln has gone from laying to sitting on his own.

 That transitioned into some serious baby push ups (with better form than I could muster).

Then a few days later he started getting up on his knees and rocking back and forth. I almost expected to look over and see him crawling across the floor hours later, but alas, we have more time.

Another major change Lincoln has gone through involves his eating.  Last month he fell in love with food.  He couldn't get enough cereal, carrots and sweet potatoes.
Then a switch flipped and he started fake coughing when I'd feed him.  I had no idea babies could fake anything. Where was that little detail in the baby books I read?  As soon as food hits his mouth he sticks out his tongue and makes this weak coughing sound.  When that doesn't work and he sees another spoon full of food coming at him, this kid closes his lips and just looks at me.  The message is clear- "I do not want that stuff." Oh, sure, I've tried to make him laugh in hopes of slipping a little food into his open mouth.  He has even learned to smile and laugh with his lips firmly.planted. shut. (update* before I had a chance to publish this, Lincoln decided to change his mind about eating. He now enjoys most of what I give him, but will still "cough" with avocados and peas.)  However, he is apparently NOT picky when it comes to trying to eat the camera....

Lincoln might be even more stubborn than Ayla.  And she is very stubborn. I have only myself to blame.  Jeff doesn't have a stubborn bone in his body.  Me? I think all of my 206 bones are stubborn. (I did a little research for that tidbit of information.) I love seeing his personality really start to take shape.  Ayla likes to tell him "Lincoln! You have such a temper!" She's correct. He's a stubborn baby, with a serious temper...but 95% of the time he has a grin on his face.  I'll take that 5% if it means I get to look at this sweet smile the rest of the day.


Lincoln's sleeping habits are still a mystery to me. He takes 3 great naps during the day. Needing little to no help getting to sleep.   Night is a different story. Sometimes he wakes up twice a night, sometimes three times. *sigh* A full night's sleep still eludes us.

6 month stats
Length- 50%
Weight- 10%
Head circumference- 50%

 More 6 month pictures:

Daddy, Lincoln and Ayla playing together. 

Tasting feet!

Enjoying views from the window.

Morning smiles!


No comments:

Post a Comment