Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Christmas 2013

To say this is late is a serious understatement.  Does the phrase 'better late than never' count here? I'll blame it on being pregnant, then I'll blame it on having a baby. Then I'll blame it on lack of sleep. So yes, here are our pictures from Christmas. Very few words. Let's focus on pictures.

Ayla's Christmas program at school. No tears this year!

Afterwards, at her classroom party.



Making "gingerbread" houses with graham crackers.


Christmas Eve. Our two cuties.


This is how we do our family pictures. Someone is always behind the camera. One with Daddy...


...And one with Mommy.


Christmas morning! I think Lincoln was expecting breakfast instead of posing for pictures.


Santa's stash!


 

Now that he's gotten some food in his belly, Lin is in a better mood. Plus, he found an orange in his stocking! More food!


Santa brought Ayla the soft, pink blanket she asked for! And a monogrammed pillow to match! Can you tell she's happy?


More presents....




One of the favorites (from Uncle Kyky).


After we opened gifts (while snacking on a light breakfast), we headed over to Jonathan's parent's house for brunch. It was a jam packed day, and the kids had so much fun. This was our first Christmas here in Charlotte. Every year of my life I have spent it in Geneva, so it was very different. We decided to stay because Ayla and Lincoln are now at an age where it's nice they get to wake up in their own beds.  It was also our first Christmas without Grandma Dean. That part was hard.

I learned a few new things this Christmas and made some mental notes. But the thing about mental notes is that I sometimes lose them. So here they are, written out for me to remember.

1. Hosting Christmas is a lot harder than I thought is would be. (How did you do it Mom?) Keep breakfast simple. Everyone went for the cinnamon bread anyway.

2. The kids got overwhelmed with so many presents. Give them a few gifts on the days leading up to Christmas so they can appreciate and enjoy them more.

3. Don't rush! We built ourselves into a schedule that didn't allow for any downtime. After presents it would be nice to sit and let the kids play for a few hours.

I'll end with this picture. It is a display of pure surprise and excitement. Jeff badly wanted the new XBOX and they were sold out everywhere. My parents generously got one for him and then disguised it. This is the guy who can guess what's in every package- and he had NO idea. So what's more fun than seeing your husband grin like a little kid on Christmas morning? Nothing!



No comments:

Post a Comment