Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

And You Can Quote Me (10)


It's that time again. Our dear Ayla constantly keeps us on our toes and is rarely silent. She's got so much to say and ask that I often have to remind myself to treasure each conversation. There will perhaps come a day when she doesn't want to talk to me ALL day, but for now, here are some of her newest gems....

-------------------------------

Making cookies
Mommy: "Ayla, I thought you were helping me?" (She left to play with toys.)
Ayla: "But Mommy, you're doing such a good job by yourself!"

-------------------------------

In the car
Ayla: "Daddy goes to work so we can have food and our house, and clothes and jammies, and our car."
Mommy: "How did you know that?"
Ayla: "Because I turned four!"

------------------------------- 

Talking to her animals.
Ayla: "Elephant, I'm the boss today. You have to listen to me or I'm going to send you home....Excuse me?? That's strike one. I'm watching you. Now put your shoes on."

-------------------------------

Singing in the car on the way to Ohio for Thanksgiving. (Lincoln flew with Rhea and Jonathan and wasn't with us.)
Ayla: "Lincoln, I love you. You're always in my heart. Why are you so far away? I love you so much."

------------------------------- 

Helping me fold clothes
Mommy: "Oh no! This shrunk!"
Ayla: "What does 'shrunk' mean?"
Mommy: "It means it got smaller. Sometimes when you wash things, they get smaller."
Ayla: (Look of horror) "So when I take a bath, I get smaller? But I thought I was growing up!"

------------------------------- 

Random
Ayla: "Hey. What do turtles eat for lunch?"

-------------------------------

At breakfast
Ayla: "Me and my snowman went to a chicken coop and it was so stinky!" My snowman thought we were going to see horses."
Mommy: "Was this a dream?"
Ayla: "No. It happened just now when we were playing."

-------------------------------

Trying to sing Christmas songs. 
Ayla "Mary and Joseph went to town, riding on a donkey. Stuck a feather in their hat and called it macaroni."

-------------------------------

In the car
Ayla: "If I'm bad, what will Santa bring me?"
Mommy: "Coal"
Ayla: "Just one piece? Or lots?
Mommy: "I'm not sure."
Ayla: (thinking)........ "Will he wrap the coal?"

-------------------------------

Mommy: "What would you like for Christmas?"
Ayla: "A Christmas present!"

------------------------------- 

No comments:

Post a Comment