We have been back in Charlotte for a few weeks, but I wanted to do a quick run down of our week. Jeff traveled to San Francisco for work, so our plan was to hang out in Geneva, visiting friends and family all week. The day we flew out, Ayla was just starting to feel sick. She had a slight fever but was still very happy.
Then we got to my parent's house and everything changed. She actually asked if she could go to bed. It was 7:30. That should have been my first red flag. Through the night she was up every hour crying. 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, 2:00...... Combine that with Lincoln still waking up to eat and it was a very. long. night. My mom helped when she could, but a sick little girl only wants her mommy. The next morning we ventured out to the farm (see the previous post), but canceled plans with friends. (I had planned several play dates with my home friends and their children.) The rest of the week we basically camped out at home.
By Friday, she still had a fever, runny nose, cough and a non-existent appetite. We read lots of books and watched several movies. That night I visited my friends Annie, Brian and their son Dylan- but left Ayla at home. My mom took her to the doctor as I was driving to see them. (Turns out, she had a double ear infection and a sinus infection.) Once the antibiotics kicked in, Ayla was up for a little more fun. She played games with Netta....
...and ate popcorn with Poppy
She even had some good old quality tickle time.
Saturday night, friends Lauren and Maureen came to see us. They brought presents for Lincoln and Ayla. If a present doesn't cheer up a sick girl, I don't know what does. Lauren is laughing at the funny faces Lincoln was making.
Sunday was trick-or-treating in Geneva. We put a coat over her costume and braved the serious rain and cold. (Hurricane Sandy was on its way to the east coast.) She was BEYOND excited. This was her first time "trick-or-treating" and she had been practicing those magic words for weeks.
Monday morning we packed up our bags and left for the airport. We barely missed the storm brewing- the rain and wind canceled many-a-flights later that night and next day. Ayla was finally feeling better...minus the slight sugar hangover from the night before. It wasn't the trip I had planned, but I was sooo thankful to spend time with my parents. 6 hands are way better than 2!



No comments:
Post a Comment